Looking for a Church Home in Anchorage?
First Congregational Church of Anchorage is a great place to look for God, learn more and grow deeply in your faith.
God continues to do exciting things through all of us!
Worship & Sunday School every Sunday at 10:30 AM
Fellowship 11:30 am
First Congregational Christian Church of Anchorage is committed to providing opportunities for charitable giving and outreach to the community and the world.
The Outreach Ministry organizes activities for the congregation to participate in to benefit people in need and the organizations that help them. We also apportion funds to these organizations, and we designate the recipients of the funds the church raises through special benevolence offerings--for example, at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
Projects the Outreach Ministry has sponsored include:
- Conducting brunches and other activities to benefit the Grandfamilies Network (grandparents raising their grandchildren)
- Making knitted caps and fleece scarves for cancer patients at Providence Cancer Center
- Organizing a potluck dinner and recipe bean bag sale to benefit Bean's Café, Anchorage's free café for the homeless
- Collecting socks for distribution to the homeless at the Brother Francis Shelter
- Collecting large cans of food for Kids' Kitchen, an after school meal program for needy children in Anchorage run by Elgin Jones
- Sponsoring a student at the Pan American Institute, a school for low-income children in Tijuana, Mexico
- Participating in the Anchorage CROP Walk to raise money for the worldwide poverty-fighting work of Church World Service
- Collecting money for disaster relief after catastrophic world events
- Preparing lunches for workers at Habitat for Humanity construction sites, and housing Global Team members. HFH's mission is to eliminate substandard housing in Anchorage and make affordable housing a matter of conscience and action.
- Staffing the Hospice remembrance tree table during the holidays.
Every March during the potluck on the 4th Sunday, FCC holds a bean-a-fit for Bean's Cafe.
Mary Mitchell, Bob Rinehart, Tom Wood and Kathy Broome serve up soups made for the 2013 beanafit for Bean's Cafe. Bags of beans containing the recipes were also sold.